What is it and how it works?
Bach’s drops are a natural homeopathic preparation made from concentrated flower essences, intended for natural and efficient treatment. They act as a catalyst for making a connection between the soul and the personality at the place where the contact was interrupted. They are classified as complementary medical treatment. Floral drugs do not interfere with an already started treatment, or change the effect of other drugs and they can be used alone or in combination.
Almost all diseases are caused by an imbalance of consciousness (emotional and mental), i.e. in our head. The true cause of the disease is internal (emotional and/or mental) imbalance. Bach’s drops bring into balance emotions (fear, guilt, sadness, shame…) and mental states (apathy, uncertainty, pessimism…) bringing all levels of the body into balance. In this way symptoms and physical illnesses disappear. They influence the causes of the illnesses and conditions, and contribute to the complete recovery, reducing the susceptibility to developing the illness again. This establishes a harmony of consciousness.
Who created them?
Dr. Edward Bach from London, an internist and homeopath is the creator of Bach flower essential drops. Throughout his medical practice he realized that the effect on patient’s symptoms is not enough, because we are treating the consequences of the disease. Physical illness manifests only the consequence, but the cause is much deeper inside of us. He found out that every person is happy and healthy as long as he/she is in harmony with the self and what one really is. The discrepancy arises from moving away from our own true nature, and the result is dissatisfaction, different symptoms and finally the disease.
Bach’s methods of treatment, as opposed to conventional medicine, represent a holistic approach. This means that not only the individual symptoms of the disease are treated, as in classical medicine, but the totality of the symptoms and that means: mental, emotional, physical and spiritual level of the organism. Every person is special, and as such, they should be seen and treated.
For what are they efficient?
Nature always has a solution for our survival and existence. Starting from this idea, a medical system was developed of 38 individual preparations and 1 preparation (Rescue Remedy) which is a combination of 5 out of 38 individual preparations. Prepared from 38 flowers of different plants, for 38 different emotions and 38 conditions of the soul.
According to their effect, they are divided into 7 groups.
– for different fears – known and unknown
– for insecurity and lack of confidence
– for absence and lack of interest – loss of motivation and will
– for loneliness – isolation
– for hypersensitivity –
– for despondency or despair – depression and bad mood
– for control and exaggerated concern – domination and criticism
What is achieved by their application?
The basic principle is self-help, and by choosing medicines we are moving towards self-realization. Thus, we learn about ourselves, our reactions, feelings, fears. Medical system of Dr. Bah is focused on the characteristics of an individual, not the characteristics of the disease and its symptoms. With Bach’s drops, we develop our personality, become aware of the obstacles within us that create restlessness, stress and hinder our understanding of ourselves and the environment. Only by recognizing our flaws, we are able to change what we do not like, and perfect ourselves, until we become satisfied with ourselves and our lives. A satisfied person is a happy one, and a happy person acquires the prerequisites for a healthy life.
They can be used to prevent disease. For example, Rescue remedy (first aid) can be used when we are exposed to great stress and thus neutralize the harmful effects on the body, as well as in all emergency situations (insomnia, colds, headaches, panic…).
Bach’s drops can be used therapeutically, when the disease has already manifested, independently or in combination with other drugs and methods. In the process of rehabilitation, the process of complete healing and recovery from illness is faster and more efficient. In complete exhaustion from the disease, either physically or mentally, person can take olives, or if a person is recovering slowly and with difficulties from the disease, with no strength nor the will to do so, the person may take Centaury, etc.
Bach’s drops are not a substitute for pharmacological preparations or medical intervention.
Why are they special?
Huge clinical experience based on the 80-year long use of Bach’s drops worldwide has shown that:
Special Bach’s drops are prepared for every person, as a combination of different flower essences. A maximum of 7 essences are used in a solution.
Who applies them?
Bach’s practitioners apply them. Dr. Vesna Danilovac is a Bach practitioner and she is using the original Bach flower essences drops from London. After talking with the client, the best chosen combination of preparations is made, that will support any changes which are best for the client’s condition. Dosage and mode of administration are recommended. It is easier to achieve change with the support and a clearly defined goal.
List of Bach’s preparations
Flower name – Symptoms and conditions
1. Agrimony – For internal suffering and pain;
2. Aspen – For anxiety and fear for unknown reason;
3. Beech – For intolerance of differences in others (appearance, behavior, attitudes);
4. Centaury – For those who willingly serve others, for those who cannot say no;
5. Cerato – For those who are not certain in their assessment or decision;
6. Cherry Plum – For the loss of control over oneself and fear that because of this one could hurt oneself and others;
7. Chestnut Bud – For the tendency to repeat own mistakes and inability to learn from experience;
8. Chicory – For the selfish, possessive, arrogant and bossy people;
9. Clematis – For daydreaming about future, listlessness, drowsiness, lack of concentration;
10. Crab Apple – For those who are dissatisfied with their appearance, obsessed with work and cleanliness. Lost sense of many things;
11. Elm – For acute crisis of confidence;
12. Gentian – For the discouragement, despondency before the obstacle or challenge;
13. Gorse – For the ungrounded carelessness, pessimism, defeatism “Oh, what’s the use!”;
14. Heather – For people obsessed with themselves, who constantly talk about themselves, seeking the attention of others;
15. Holly – For all forms of aggression towards others: hatred, jealousy, suspicion, malice, spite;
16. Honeysuckle – For those who live in the past;
17. Hornbeam – For the fatigue caused by thinking about upcoming obligations;
18. Impatiens – For the impatient, fast people, irritability, strong internal tension;
19. Larch – For the undeveloped confidence;
20. Mimulus – For everyday fears, for the timid and shy, a drug for bravery;
21. Mustard – For the sudden depression and gloomy mood for no apparent reason;
22. Oak – For the strong, capable people who are struggling to overcome the limits of their power;
23. Olive – For the total exhaustion and loss of energy, fatigue after some big effort;
24. Pine – For the a sense of guilt, excessive responsibility;
25. Red Chesnut – For the anxiety, fear and concern for our nearest and dearest;
26. Rock Rose – For the extreme terror and fear;
27. Rock Water – For the excessive self-control and mental rigidity (instability);
28. Scleranthus – For the undecided, uncertain, lack of balance;
29. Star of Bethlehem – For the shock and grief after the loss or personal trauma;
30. Sweet Chestnut – For the heartbreak, despair, when there is no solution, inner pain;
31. Vervain – For the stress, idealists, and excessive enthusiasts;
32. Vine – For the dominant people who tend to manage others, usually good leaders;
33. Walnut – For the protection from change and outside influences (transition, menopause, divorce);
34. Water Violet – For the withdrawn people, proud, reserved, self-sufficient people;
35. White Chestnut – For the worries, constant compulsive thoughts that we should get rid of;
36. Wild Oat – For the uncertainty about what to do with your life;
37. Wild Rose – For the apathy, discouragement, giving in to everything that happens;
38. Willow – For the self-pity, offensiveness and blaming others, resentment.